Island Musings

Ramblings of an islandgirl

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago

Hi,just a regular islandgirl enjoying life and all its beauty! Make the most of every day..it is a gift!

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Tickle my funny bone

I'm a person who loves to laugh. I think being able to appreciate the absurd in life is what keeps me sane. Seriously.

I've even been known to laugh at funerals..which is not a generally acceptable place for giggles. Take my dad's funeral for instance..I was at the back of the church, standing over his casket, giggling my ass off...all because the florist forgot to take the tag off his casket spray.

Obviously she had just picked up the first card at hand, scribbled his name on it as a hasty reminder to the guy delivering it as to whom the wreath was to go to. Mr. Delivery guy did his job, dropped off the beautiful flowers at the church, but forgot to remove the little tag. Result being my dad's funeral spray was tagged with a card saying "Get well soon!". In a way it couldn't have been more appropriate. Dad would have wanted us to "get well soon" ...for our souls to start to heal after those two very sad years watching him helplessly as he lost his battle with cancer.

Laughter is my defense system. And why should we take life seriously anyway? Where's the fun in that? At least when I get old I'll know all my wrinkles are the good kind, the ones you get from being happy.

Damn, have to stop blogging. My miserable other half is nagging me to make garlic bread to go with dinner. Will get back to this eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home