Island Musings

Ramblings of an islandgirl

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago

Hi,just a regular islandgirl enjoying life and all its beauty! Make the most of every day..it is a gift!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

On Waking from a Dream

(Note: This was originally written on August 15th, 2004)

Today I surrender to life. I die in it. Today I release myself from the cage of asking questions. From the cage of limitations. I surrender myself to the never ending miracle that is. To the fullness of joy. I release myself from the ties of doubt that I bind myself with. Henceforth I will accept, not question the magic and live each moment for what it is - not my last, but my first. In the endless circle.

We are all swimming in our life and death. And, ultimately, that is the greatest joke. Like swimming in quicksilver. Like breathing water, being immersed in it. In letting go we hold on. In giving up we win. The ultimate joke. In being meaningless we are meaning full. Trying to hold on to a dream that answered the mysteries of life and death. The ultimate joke. Surviving the storm means dying in it. Drowning in the water means breaking from its surface. It means breathing it in until you are one with it and what dooms you releases you.

There is no beginning and no end. We live in the loop, it is all as one. The joke is how futily we try to understand what we live every moment. We only need to close our eyes to see. Nothing can destroy us. Chaos births order, death births life, and so in death we are reborn in the endless cycle. Swimming in quicksilver, breathing air where there is none. Laughing at the greatest joke that ever was - ourselves, and our delusions of our own self importance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home