Island Musings

Ramblings of an islandgirl

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago

Hi,just a regular islandgirl enjoying life and all its beauty! Make the most of every day..it is a gift!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What is it Christmas already????


I'm not ready!! I'm not even sure I WANT to be ready for Christmas. I just want to crawl back into bed and hide under the covers till it blows over in its flurry of wrapping paper and tinsel glory. I'm a summer holiday "we're all laid back, don't wear a watch and couldn't give a damn WHAT day of the week it is" kinda person. I'm not quite sure what started my Christmas aversion..I think it just sort of crept up on me slowly and then drowned me in bills and christmas bows. That and the idea of all the cleaning and dusting that comes with it.
I used to love Christmas...but I guess that was back in the days when my Mom did all the work. Everything seemed to happen by magic. Mom I appreciate you SOOO much more now..you are amazing!
I started this post with good intentions and now I am tired just thinking about how much I dread the fuss and drama of the Christmas season. Guess the tree is not going to get hauled out today after all. I'll be a Grinch for a while longer yet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You should move to Estonia. You would never know it was Christmas here AT ALL! It is a land of Grinches. bah

3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay - enough time off, here. More posts, please?

6:34 PM  
Blogger Islandgirl said...

Yes Sir! Right away Sir! Well....maybe tomorrow ok :-)

8:59 PM  
Blogger moneythoughts said...

Thanks for looking at my Zigler Gallery blog. I post my art work on Saturdays on MONEYTHOUGHTS. Saturdays Is For Art is where I post much of my new stuff.

Yes, I would love to leave Cincinnati for 3 months (Jan, Feb & Mar) and paint somewhere warm. But my life is a little too complicated to do that. Maybe someday a week or two would be great.

Glad Lou had a great time and now I'm enjoying his photos.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay - I am lou.lohman@gmail.com and thank you, in advance, for the pictures. That is very kind of you.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is that MY tomorrow or a Trini tomorrow?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Islandgirl said...

Trini tomorrow....heheh..I'm busy painting!! :-)

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home